Cheesy Pepperoni Twists

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

homebrewmike

Reaction score
I will be making these while I'm brewing this Saturday!

http://www.bestyummyrecipes.com/easy-cheesy-pepperoni-twist-rolls/

Cheesy-Pepperoni-Twist-Rolls-456x400.jpg

I've made something like those for dinner before. But I have these two-sided press things from perogi size to calazone size that I use. So they come out more like boli's.

As a born and raised West Virginian I know a thing or two about peperoni rolls, make these instead. Feel free to add cheese, but not needed.

4 (7 - 8 oz) sticks pepperoni, 8 in long
1 1/2 c water
1 c whole milk
2 tbsp + 2 tsp sugar
6 2/3 (33 1/3 oz) all-purpose flour, + 1 tbsp
1 tbsp instant yeast
2 tsp salt
1 egg beaten with 1 tablespoon water
4 tsp sesame seeds

Cut pepperoni sticks in half crosswise, then cut each in half lengthwise. Slice each quarter lengthwise into 4 4-inch wedges (you should have 64 total). Place pepperoni in a large bowl, microwave until fat is rendered, about 3 minutes. Use tongs to transfer pepponi to paper towel-lined plate; reserve 3 tablespoons of pepperoni oil and do not wash bowl.

Combine water, milk, and sugar in a large measuring cup. Microwave until the temperature is 110º (about 1-2 min). Stir in pepperoni oil.

Mix flour, yeast, and salt in a large bowl. Add the water mixture and stir until incorporated. Knead until smooth. Put in the unwashed pepperoni bowl. Cover and let rise until doubled, about 1 hour.

Divide the dough into 3 1/2 oz pieces. Form into balls and let rest 5 minutes.

Toss pepperoni sticks with remaining 1 tablespoon of flour.

Press each dough ball into a 6x4” rectangle. Lay 4 pieces of pepperoni side by side, 1/2 inch apart, and roll into tight cylinder, pinching seam to seal. Leave ends open. (see picture)

Put rolls seam side down on parchment-lined rimmed baking sheet, end to end, 1/2 inch apart, 4 per row. Cover with plastic and rise until doubled, about an hour.

Brush with eggs and sprinkle with sesame seeds. Bake at 375º until golden brown, about 24 - 28 minutes.

Yeah the only reason that I'm going to go with the cheesy twists, is that I don't have to make the dough.

Yeah the only reason that I'm going to go with the cheesy twists, is that I don't have to make the dough.

I get it. If you are going to do that my advice is do the "jelly roll procedure" and then slice them into what looks like pre baked cinnamon rolls. Then lay them out on a cookie sheet to bake. The cheese and peperoni grease makes an awesome crust on the bottom.

One of my favorite alt peperoni rolls

Back