Hello from deepest France ...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lacto

Reaction score
Bonjour!

Thank you for accepting me - I am interested in cheese making - especially because it is both legal and easy to obtain here.

... So, see you in the forum - looking forward to sharing cheesy things!

Lacto

Bonjour!

Thank you for accepting me - I am interested in cheese making - especially because it is both legal and easy to obtain here.

... So, see you in the forum - looking forward to sharing cheesy things!

Lacto
"The deepest France", is that then like really the center of France?

Ha ha! Yes Mon Ami ... just up the road from Cognac!
We love France, but we mostly avoid the interior because my wife can't stand the summer heat. We once canceled a trip to the Moselle, and went to Normandy instead. Planned a trip to Nantes this year for a couple of days, and then to Bretagne, somewhere around Quimper. And in case you wonder, I am a northly neighbour from you.

Love cheese, beer, bread, wine. But the cheese is still in its infancy. I have a kefir culture (viz. "The art of natural cheesemaking"), but except for a fresh cheese, which was actually a failed yoghurt, haven't done much yet.

It seems the beer forums are the most international. Salut!

Well, I can no longer drink alcohol so I have gone down another fermenting route ... ala lacto ferments. And there is plenty of opportunity to do some wild foraging.

As regards cheese - I am starting experiments with clabbered milk and looking to find simple old time solutions that do not include buying ingredients but rather making my own ... so it will either be amazing or kill me !

.... Here goes ...

Back