Kegconnection Complete Starter Kit and More Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > DIY Projects > temp control for 15G conicals

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-12-2013, 09:27 PM   #1
chrisdb
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 5 Times on 5 Posts
Likes Given: 4

Default temp control for 15G conicals

now that winter has come I am having problems with ferm temps going too high in my basement 'brewery' because it is located next to my gas fired radiant heat source. I am trying to decide how to add temperature control to a couple 15G conical fermenters.
I have a 7 cu.ft. chest freezer available, as well as a couple mini fridges.
I have considered (A) adding a tall collar around the freezer, wiring the freezer to a temp controller and building stands for the conicals that will set inside the box.
I'm also considering (B) putting a couple 6.5G covered buckets in the freezer, filling them with salt water (or water/glycol) and sending through a temp controlled pump into stainless steel coils inside the conicals.
I would welcome any comments suggestions or insights from others who have walked this way before me.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-13-2013, 02:07 PM   #2
modobrew
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 9 Times on 7 Posts
Likes Given: 6

Check out our solution (http://www.homebrewtalk.com/f51/15-g...system-333151/). Seems to be working great!

Carboy 2: Empty
Secondary: Vanilla Bourbon Porter
Bottle: Hibernation Ale Clone
Bottle: Houblonmonstre Tripel IPA
Keg 1: Southern Tier Pumking Clone
Keg 2: Kolsch
Keg 3: Angry Wolf IIPA

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply