Paint Can Heater

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I was just thinking, doesn't there have to be three things for a fire to occur? Fuel, Heat, and Oxygen are all needed to start a fire. I know there is the heat, and maybe a little fuel (Wire coating, or maybe plastic light bulb fixture), but when an active fermentation is going on in my chest freezer I don't think there is much oxygen in there. CO2 is heavier than oxygen, thus filling the freezer, and pushing the oxygen out, right? Just a thought, don't know if I'm right or not. Just thought I would add my two cents, since it has me wondering.

I was just thinking, doesn't there have to be three things for a fire to occur? Fuel, Heat, and Oxygen are all needed to start a fire. I know there is the heat, and maybe a little fuel (Wire coating, or maybe plastic light bulb fixture), but when an active fermentation is going on in my chest freezer I don't think there is much oxygen in there. CO2 is heavier than oxygen, thus filling the freezer, and pushing the oxygen out, right? Just a thought, don't know if I'm right or not. Just thought I would add my two cents, since it has me wondering.

You are correct so now we are talking about a backdraft situation. Careful opening the fridge door!
Couldn't resist :)

Back