My bar build, seeking some advice

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

myusername1

Reaction score
I've been looking around for the past couple weeks, trying to figure out how I want to build my bar. Well, after a few pm's and reading through Thirstin4aburstin's thread, linked here
https://www.homebrewtalk.com/f51/my-8-foot-bar-build-328388/

I decided to come up with some plans of my own, to build a bar very similar. I just bought my house off of my dad, 21 years old and single, so I'm doing this on a budget, with limited wood working experience. The house is small, and its essentially going to be a bachelor pad, so this bar is taking place of the kitchen table. Now for the build.

After some measurements and doing some figuring, this is what I came up with for a base.
bar1.jpg

bar2.jpg

bar3.jpg

Those were the only dimension's that I had on paper. Everything else was just a "go with it" type deal. I had a picture of what I wanted in my head, but didnt take the time to draw it out.

Here's a picture of my Holiday 5cu.ft. freezer that is going to be my keezer, sitting in it's spot.
bar4.jpg

That is another project I've got going on. I've done everything listed in this thread to try to get my freezer's temperature up to around 38*, but with the course adjustment screw all the way turned clockwise, and the setting on 1, I cant get it any warmer than 28 degrees, sitting overnight with a thermometer in a gallon of water with salt to keep from freezing.
https://www.homebrewtalk.com/f51/gu...mostat-32f-eliminate-external-control-249612/
So, I guess i'm going to have to order a controller. Back to the build.
Framing pretty close to done
bar5.jpg

And bar top cut to rough shape
bar6.jpg

The top is 3/4 oak plywood. I want to round all the edges, but I'm not sure what to do for trim around round edges. That's where im seeking advice. I still have the finished picture in my head, but i'm stuck where i'm at.

By the way, The dimensions of the base are 84"x30". It has a 6" foot rest type deal around the front and right side, looking at it from the front. The left side will be up against the wall. Height to the top surface is 42" off the floor

Not sure if its what you were looking for but you could do something like I did on my keezer and then just round the outer edge of the top 1x4
2012-03-25_15-04-10_812.jpg

Just a quick update.

3211D77C-C443-4921-80B8-8F4725621A01-43464-00001F7B44AC3593.jpg

I still have some trim and stuff to do, then stain and everything. Hopefully it'll be done within the next week. Progress has been very slow due to some other obligations.

I'm still not sure on the stain. I'll probably stain the oak trim pretty dark and then go a little lighter on everything else. Maybe i'll get to that tomorrow. This thing should have been done a long time ago at this point, but Im like ADHD or something and everytime I get one project close, I just move on to the next

Latest posts

Back