Black dry erase paint

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Finally got a chance to scout around for this and after two Home Depot and two Walmart stores in my area I still haven't found this. They all have white dry erase paint and black chalkboard paint but not the black dry erase paint I am looking for.

If anyone has another idea or if a kind brewer can pick one up and ship it to, I'd be grateful (and cover all expenses).

Hmmmmm......

Why not try some black, two part automotive paint, ( on a sample surface, of course), and see how your dry erase markers work on that?

There are some really tough, two part polyurethane and epoxy paints on the market out there!

Now, I don't know how they are about these paints in Ca., where these types may cause cancer in "laboratory doorknobs" or the like......;)

Seriously, consult an automotive paint or industrial paint supplier, and tell them what you are trying to do.

I don't know the substrate you wish to paint it on, but take a sample with you.

Most auto paint places can give you an "as sprayed" sample, as they do it on these miniature plastic car shapes, so that one can see the final product with all the curves and what not.

Is there a particular reason you are wanting black dry erase paint? I use dry erase markers on my keezer and it wipes right off, if something looks stained i just use windex or something similar and it comes right off...

:EDIT: apparently i shouldn't multitask.

what i was trying to say was... if you use the black appliance paint it should have the same deal with wiping off.

Thanks for the responses! I'm just trying to find a way to list my beers on a black keezer and have it look classy. Seems like dry erase would work better than chaulk, which always looks 'dusty'.

I'll check out automotive and appliance paint.

You should be able to get it at Glidden paints . They have dry erase paint that is tintable. You can have them mix up a quart.

Since you are in San Francisco, they have a store at the corner of Polk and Pacific.

I'll just throw out something that I do that works well for me. I took a scrap piece of 1/4" wood that I had laying around, painted it black and covered that with a pane of glass, framed it all out and made it look nice. I use regular fluorescent markers and it works like a charm - marker adheres nicely and it cleans easily.

Back