Ss Brewing Technologies Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Label Display & Discussion > Show Us Your Label

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-31-2011, 05:52 PM   #551
frisbee91
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Default First homebrew

Going with "transporation themed" beer naming, here's my first attempt. I combined the "Beer Labelizer" with my own image and added a bit of sidebar text inspired by what others have posted.

beerlabel3-sixspeed.jpg  

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-01-2011, 02:36 AM   #552
jimpdx
Renaissance Man
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 9 Times on 6 Posts
Likes Given: 7

Amazing thread, very entertaining. You guys have all done GREAT work. I posted my first few labels in a separate thread (pls click here). But my latest project is a LOTR-themed series called "Lord of the Ales". I haven't developed all the branding for it yet and I am still playing around with fonts. I am using some LOTR fonts I found online and illustrations by the Brothers Hildebrandt below. This whole thing started because I have a 100% Nelson Sauvin IPA and I wanted to play on the New Zealand theme....

rivendell2-ipa.jpg   goldberryblonde.jpg   bilbobrownale.jpg   gollumgueuze.jpg  
Recent Brews: Crazy Horse Native American Pale Wheat, Sacre Bleu Napoleonic Stout, Akbar Emperial Indian Ale, Polly's Rum Raisin Smoked Porter, Citadel Belgian Quad, Carmen Caipiranda Tropical IPA (last 12 months)

https://facebook.com/albertabrewingco
https://untappd.com/albertabrewing (beers made)
https://untappd.com/jimpdx (beers drank!)

Old 11-01-2011, 06:05 PM   #553
slinky0390
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

I like the idea of labels, especially when you're giving your brews as gifts, but being the lazy person I am, I made a multi-use tag that I just tie on the necks with twine. For the ones I give out, I wax the caps. It actually looks pretty cool. I don't have an actual picture, but heres the tag I came up with.

Old 11-01-2011, 06:21 PM   #554
jimpdx
Renaissance Man
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 9 Times on 6 Posts
Likes Given: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by slinky0390 View Post
I like the idea of labels, especially when you're giving your brews as gifts, but being the lazy person I am, I made a multi-use tag that I just tie on the necks with twine. For the ones I give out, I wax the caps. It actually looks pretty cool. I don't have an actual picture, but heres the tag I came up with.
Nice. Simple and clean. I like the type too.
Recent Brews: Crazy Horse Native American Pale Wheat, Sacre Bleu Napoleonic Stout, Akbar Emperial Indian Ale, Polly's Rum Raisin Smoked Porter, Citadel Belgian Quad, Carmen Caipiranda Tropical IPA (last 12 months)

https://facebook.com/albertabrewingco
https://untappd.com/albertabrewing (beers made)
https://untappd.com/jimpdx (beers drank!)

Old 11-01-2011, 11:01 PM   #555
slinky0390
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimpdx View Post
Nice. Simple and clean. I like the type too.
Thanks! I'm an architecture student so they've been preaching simplicity in design like it's a verse from the bible. I've also been doing freelance graphic design as a hobby for several years now and i'm definitely all about minimalism.

Old 11-02-2011, 03:04 PM   #556
ajbram
Recipes 

Liked 19 Times on 14 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Default Orange Cinnamon Mead label...

Continuing with the botanical illustration series....

mead-label.jpg  

Old 11-02-2011, 03:11 PM   #557
SimonSays_BREW
Recipes 

Quote:
Originally Posted by slinky0390 View Post
Thanks! I'm an architecture student so they've been preaching simplicity in design like it's a verse from the bible. I've also been doing freelance graphic design as a hobby for several years now and i'm definitely all about minimalism.
My time as an architecture and photography student, as well as my old hoppy of graphic design, I agree. Less is always more.

Old 11-02-2011, 03:13 PM   #558
dcHokie
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 240 Times on 184 Posts
Likes Given: 176

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimpdx View Post
Amazing thread, very entertaining. You guys have all done GREAT work. I posted my first few labels in a separate thread (pls click here). But my latest project is a LOTR-themed series called "Lord of the Ales". I haven't developed all the branding for it yet and I am still playing around with fonts. I am using some LOTR fonts I found online and illustrations by the Brothers Hildebrandt below. This whole thing started because I have a 100% Nelson Sauvin IPA and I wanted to play on the New Zealand theme....
jimpdx: nice work, those labels are fantastic! The artwork really draws you in to read the rest of the label

Aging: Sour Solera, Flemish Gold, Repas du Matin Sour Table Beer, Flanders Red, Anejo Rum Sour, Brett Brown, Sour blonde, Funky Barleywine Barrel, Sour Rye Whiskey Barrel
Bottled: Cherry Oud Bruin, Le Batard Solera, Sour Stout, Wild Ale, Brett Belgian Rye Stout, Berliner Weisse, FlandersPale, Brett Old Ale, Funky Fig Saison, Mango BGSA, Rapture RIS, Brett Saison

Old 11-02-2011, 06:45 PM   #559
ElevenBrewCo
Recipes 

Liked 8 Times on 4 Posts
Likes Given: 3

not a label yet, just a logo i suppose...In the number 11 the word "beer" is spelt in different languages.

eleven1.jpg   eleven2.jpg   eleven3.jpg  

Old 11-02-2011, 07:24 PM   #560
paulster2626
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 327 Times on 218 Posts
Likes Given: 530

"british thinking - american drinking" sounds better to me. but I am an asshat, so take it for what it's worth.

Quick Reply