The Great Bottle Opener Giveaway

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Label Display & Discussion > Labels and Coolers

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-09-2009, 10:11 PM   #1
renevdb
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Default Labels and Coolers

Usually I take some bottles to the beach in a cooler and gluesticks and milk will not hold the labels long. What is a good alternative that will hold the labels for a few hours but can be removed with a night of oxyclean.

Primary: Strong Belgium Blonde

Bottle: Abdij II, Wit, Cool Vienna, Dad's Dubbel

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-10-2009, 01:06 AM   #2
Suthrncomfrt1884
Recipes 

Liked 23 Times on 22 Posts
Likes Given: 3

This has been discussed hundreds of times. I suggest doing a search to research what you find to be the best method. Either way, you'll have to find a way to waterproof your labels otherwise they'll just bleed.

Another HERMS rig...

Old 12-10-2009, 01:34 AM   #3
Mista_Sparkle
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

i imagine you could just print you labels on a laser printer to avoid bleeding, but not sure about how to keep them on. Shrink Wrap maybe? seems easy enough if you can find some

Primary #1+Auxiliary: Burning River Pale Ale clone
Primary #2: empty
Primary #3: EdWorts Apfelwein #4
Conditioning/Drinking:Brewers Best Belgian Tripel, Apfelwein #3, EdWorts Apfelwein #2, Cranapple Wine, Routers Share Network Closet Strong Scotch Ale, McCormack's Old Malt Oatmeal Stout

Old 12-10-2009, 04:35 AM   #4
renevdb
Recipes 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suthrncomfrt1884 View Post
This has been discussed hundreds of times. I suggest doing a search to research what you find to be the best method. Either way, you'll have to find a way to waterproof your labels otherwise they'll just bleed.
If you do different searches all you find is label removal and glue types. But none say waterproof. That's why I opened this thread.

Primary: Strong Belgium Blonde

Bottle: Abdij II, Wit, Cool Vienna, Dad's Dubbel

Old 12-10-2009, 12:47 PM   #5
Suthrncomfrt1884
Recipes 

Liked 23 Times on 22 Posts
Likes Given: 3

I don't believe anyone sells waterproof labels. I use labels from onlinelabels.com. They sell removable labels that have a fairly strong glue on them. If you remove them while the bottles are dry, they come right off. If you soak them and try to take them off wet, good luck. As for waterproofing, I think maybe spraying a thin layer of polyurythane (sp?) on them might do the trick.

Another HERMS rig...

Quick Reply