Get your HBT Growlers, Shirts and Membership before the Rush!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Label Display & Discussion > Brewery names--what's your story?

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-21-2012, 05:11 PM   #1701
Chriso
Broken Robot Brewing Co.
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 72 Times on 63 Posts
Likes Given: 129

After years of brainstorming to little avail, I have finally thought of my new brewery name. (Sane Man had to go away, as A) I'm not sane and B) My t-shirt design got axed for copyright infringement.)

My new name is Broken Robot Brewing Co.

I'm an oldest child and had to be responsible for the littler kids from a very early age. As such I never really figured out how to take care of myself, only others. I also am coping with OCD and severe anxiety issues - often sending me into loops where I start and stop the same tasks over again, perpetually interrupting myself from completion - and so today, I am like a broken robot. I look as a human would, but I think like computron. There you have it.

I'm hoping I stay put on this name and don't switch any more.

Chriso || SMaSH Brewers, Unite! || Nebraska Brewers! || Lincoln Lagers Brew Club
"You have just experienced the paradigm shift that is....all grain brewing." - BierMuncher

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-22-2012, 01:50 AM   #1702
DirtyOldDuck
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 70 Times on 61 Posts
Likes Given: 109

2 Bad Dogs Brewing. I have two bad dogs.

Old 07-22-2012, 04:31 AM   #1703
marshallwms
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Recipes 

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts
Likes Given: 3

The place we moved to (and live in now) eleven years ago had a set of 4 dog runs on one side of the carport / workshop / garden room. The roof was all rusted out, the chain link fences half rusted and the gates were all gone. I finally convinced a neighbor I really did want to tear the roof, fences, and chain walls out and make a little brewing room. He built the shell, I did 80% of the rest of the work. Naturally, the brewery is Dog Run Brewing. I have another friend working on a label and a sign for it.

Old 07-27-2012, 03:42 AM   #1704
makokiller
Recipes 

Liked 8 Times on 3 Posts

Makokiller brewery

mako350.jpg  

Old 07-27-2012, 04:09 AM   #1705
KPSquared
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Recipes 

Liked 20 Times on 16 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by makokiller
Makokiller brewery
Good story. . .

Old 07-27-2012, 01:52 PM   #1706
makokiller
Recipes 

Liked 8 Times on 3 Posts

As kps noted I forgot to add my story. I named it Makokiller because in 2001 I won the Mako shark tournament in Ocean City MD. Been Makokiller ever since. So what's your story kps?

makokiller1.jpg  

Old 07-30-2012, 08:23 PM   #1707
bseltzer27e
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Default Liquid Nuptials, No. 195

I named my brewery Liquid Nuptials, No. 195 (see attached image, courtesy of Michael Henry from Draconian Libations.)

To be blunt, my wife introduced me to craft beer. My father-in-law introduced me to home brewing and wine making. Also, my wife and I enjoy our best times together while drinking good beer and wine. I even jokingly say that beer has kept us married.

The No. 195 refers to our wedding anniversary. We were married on July 14, which is the 195th day of the year.

Prost!

liquid-nuptials.jpg  
Old 08-04-2012, 03:29 PM   #1708
coldchill
Recipes 

Liked 7 Times on 7 Posts

Default Bootknocker Brewing

In college I took a senior level history class with a group of friends called "History of the Blues". Not only was the music great, but the stories were as well. Inspired by great blues names like Blind Lemon Jefferson, Howlin' Wolf, and Muddy Waters, we put together of our own blues combo, Mad Spank and the Bootknockers. Although we mostly only existed in our minds, we did play publicly a few times. A few years later I started brewing and the name stuck. Here are some of the logos from over the years.

1996:

1999:

2003-present:

Header for my neglected blog:

Old 08-08-2012, 09:17 PM   #1709
Keithww
Recipes 

Liked 8 Times on 5 Posts
Likes Given: 9

Mine is Fat Fish Brewing, I brew next to a pond i dug out of solid limestone by hand and the Koi are all just lazy fat fish. My Motto is "Ex aqua vite" which literally translated means "From Water Life" figured this made sense since I used mainly water to brew and I brew with my fish nearby. It is also a play on "aqua vītae" which is translated as "the water of life" or to the Romans alcohol. That and I took latin in school as have half my kids.

Old 08-10-2012, 05:41 PM   #1710
detlion1643
Recipes 

Liked 13 Times on 11 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Wow, that's a lot pages to read... Gotta finish reading later, however here are my options:

I don't live on a 'cool' street name (Zuck - pronounced like cook but with a z), so I didn't want just that. Figured since swmbo always says I spend too much (even though she enjoys the end products) I decided to try throwing in a 'poor' option as well. Broke Zuck B&W (Brewin' & Winin')???

Or, since I live about 5-10 minutes away from Lake Erie, we get some really bad weather around here. Since great lakes and Erie themed stuff I know are being used, I won't try to theme around them. Our weather sucks, and we claim we have 2 seasons here (winter and almost winter), but didn't really have a winter this past year. Broken Seasons B&W (Brewin' & Winin')???

I was trying to work in brewing and winery in there as well, since I dabble in both...

Any thoughts/suggestions?

Quick Reply