Recommended hombrew shops near NYC

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DaveGerard

Reaction score
There is a homebrew shop on Long Island that I have now ordered from twice. They say that if you order before 2 pm your order generally ships out that day, but my package took 2 weeks (and several calls) to get to me in Brooklyn an hour away, apparently because they were waiting on a delivery of something. I decided to give it another go, and made an order last week. My card hans't been charged, and I haven't received any info about the order, so I think I'm going to start going somewhere else. Anyhow, for those in NYC, where do you order your supplies from?

There was a shop in Staten Island where I live but they closed before I started brewing. I order online from Austin Homebrew supply. They have good prices and ship reasonably fast. I order liquid yeast and it was always good when I received it.

+1 Austin Homebrew Supply...I am located in Virginia, and if I order on Monday afternoon, I have the order on Friday afternoon. Takes a little planning, but I have been very pleased with the kits I have ordered from them.

Cheers

I also live in SI and I recommend Austin Homebrew. I placed an order at Northern Brewer last week. I'll tell you how that goes.
The closest homebrew shop is in Newark, NJ iirc.

I will give Austin a try next time. I can wait a few days for a delivery, it's the not getting anything for weeks, or the minimum weeklong shipping time for like CA that bothers me. I will also check out the Jersey shop(s) too, I like the idea of keeping things as local as possible.

Eh, it's Newark.
Northern Brewer does have better prices than AHS. Though AHS has more variety with their recipes.

Latest posts

Back