Over carbed my keg! Motha efer!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hindsy

Reaction score
So I got a question. I over carbintated my last brew. I usually just turn mine on to 30 psi and let her set for a day and a half to 2 days. This time I got a call and left for work out of town and totally forgot about it. so it sat at 30 for 5 days. it is super carbinated but if I pour and let it set I get about 4 oz of great beer. hahahaha any suggestions.

Couldn't you just bleed it a few times of pressure over the course a few days? I think that is the common solution.

Yeah take it off the gas and purge it everyday for a lil while then plug 'er back in and set to what you want to serve at.

I don't even think it would take a few days to do this; you could probably do it in an afternoon. That's the good thing about kegs.

The easiest way to bleed an overcarbed keg is to put a warm flat keg in the fridge (gas to gas) with jumpers to the over carbed keg. They will both be perfect in a couple days or less. The flat keg will absorb the CO2 as it cools and pull the pressure from the overcarbed keg.

The easiest way to bleed an overcarbed keg is to put a warm flat keg in the fridge (gas to gas) with jumpers to the over carbed keg. They will both be perfect in a couple days or less. The flat keg will absorb the CO2 as it cools and pull the pressure from the overcarbed keg.

That sounds like a great way to save CO2 as well!

Does anyone do this when they force carb and have another keg ready to carb?

Back