Is my amber ale looking clear to you guys?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If you wait longer it will clear up even more. Most here ferment for 4 weeks, 12 days is not long enough the yeast to truly run it's course. It is probably mostly fermented out but the yeast are still working and cleaning up after themselves.

If you wait longer it will clear up even more. Most here ferment for 4 weeks, 12 days is not long enough the yeast to truly run it's course. It is probably mostly fermented out but the yeast are still working and cleaning up after themselves.

Completely agree with @histo320

Let it sit for another week or two then cold crash and boom you'll have clear beer!

Cheers!

While it is sitting for the next week or two get yourself a hydrometer so that you can be sure the yeast is done prior to bottling. You will want to take one reading then wait two days and take a second. If the readings are the same then it is ok to bottle; it they are different then you will need to wait another week and try again.

Do not trust time to be the judge on whether it is safe to bottle or not; eventually it will bite you in the ass. And it would suck to lose a bunch of beer because you decided not to spend $3-5 on a hydrometer.

After 12 days, it should be done. Once you test with a hydrometer, you can hold the test jar up to the light to judge the clarity.

I typically package my beers about day 14-17, if they are finished and clear.

Back