Just bottled my first REAL batch

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GeorgiaTiger

Reaction score
WOOT!! Just bottled my Hefe (I named it He Ain't Hefe, He's My Brother). First time bottling a non mr beer batch. First time using the bottling bucket and wand. First time capping.

On a side note, I went to brewmasters Warehouse in Marietta ga to buy two cases of bottles. Unfortunately they were out. BUT, Kirk, a guy who was working the counter sent me to his house and his wife gave me 2.5 cases of clean bottles! I never have that kind of luck. GAVE them to me. Thank you Kirk!

Rock on! Congrats! And now the wait, it's gonna be tough. I like to "test" a bottle at 1 week, then one at 2 weeks and so on.

FG was the same as yesterday...I tasted the product from the fg test and man it was pretty damned decent. Cant wait to try it after three - four weeks in the bottle.

That's what I do. I sample one at the 2nd, 3rd, and 4th week. If it taste right after the third then it's ready to drink. I usually wait to the 4th week. Cheer's !

Well, I think Im just gonna leave it in the closet for the full time and not taste it yet. I dont wanna be disappointed in it if it doesnt taste right. Gonna give it some time to mature, I think.

Oh who am I kidding? The test sample was good! Of course Im gonna try one in a week or so! :rockin:

I like to try one a week just to see what a week or 2 will do for taste. That amber was not to good at week 2 but was great after 4 and better at 6.

Back