Interesting flavor

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
It's popped a Blue Moon clone I did about 5 weeks ago for first taste. It has a super strong aroma, but the flavor is much more watered down.

I hit all my gravity levels, it carbed up nicely. It just doesn't have quite the punch I had hoped when it hits the tongue.

Any suggestions for next brew? It's not like it's bad, but I want to improve!

It depends on what you like to brew. Also, I don't know that kit, but make sure the kit is a good one like those offered by the big homebrew suppliers - people really seem to like them.

B

I got the kit from Austin Homebrew (It's right by my office, so I pretty much get everything there because they have everything and it's uber convenient).

Guess this is just the process. My latest recipe I got heavy handed when adding my hops (not by much, maybe added 8-10% more than the recipe suggested) so I bet that one should turn out just about right.

Yes hops will throw it off. If you try it again follow the recipe. Then figure out what if anything is lacking for your taste. Then you can customize on a basic set of ingredients.

Back