hop oil? infection?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Indyoshi

Reaction score
Haven't tasted yet. This is an ipa and had some high alpha hops and 1.5,oz dry hopped of citra. Its not bubbly like lacto. Anything to worry about? Kegging anyways today
ForumRunner_20131117_140812.jpg

ForumRunner_20131117_140827.jpg

ForumRunner_20131117_140827.jpg

Yep. No infection. Tasted super lemon orangy with all the citra. Wohoo!

Yeah. I think the yeast raft stuck to a few pieces of hops plus the hop oils and made it look odd... First all grain ipa of own recipe looks like a success so far!

My very first batch (fermenting right now, only since the 14th. A honey ale) is looking kind of like this, if not exactly like it. I was hoping it was hops and yeast and stuff like that. It also looks like you have a little bit of yeast stuck on the side of the bottle? Mine is like that too, so I hope it's fine :)

Yeah. The yeast looks like that in the sides on most so far (that was my 4th beer). The oily residue didn't look like that until I dry hopped it and the hops settled, but I'm sure yours will be fine. Just give it a taste when you check SG and you'll know...

Yep it's a competition. You have 1,000,000,000,000, well maybe not that many, more yeast than the bacteria. They will win and you will have beer. Drink well!

Back