'Half and half' keg dry hop??

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

peacenwaves

Reaction score
Has anyone ever tried a half and half approach? Ie, dry hop in secondary for a week... Then place the bag in a keg,and carbonate? Thus Saving some time??

I have a batch that could go longer with my dry hop... But kinda would like to serve some of it on Saturday :)

I'd worry about clogging your serving lines with hops trub, but that's just me. Why not just build a cheap randalizer/hopsback and run your beer through some fresh hops just prior to serving?

I'd just be concerned with leaving the hops in too long and thus obtaining some grassy undesirable characteristics.

They are already in a bag... So not much grub.... And I was thinking of tying some fishing line to the bag so I could pull them after the two week point that I usually hop to...

2 weeks is kind of long to dry hop just one charge of hops. If I really want some crazy hop aroma I will dry hop in the secondary for 7 days then remove that hop charge and add a second one. Also cold crashing before you add your hops helps you get more hop aroma into the beer. Just do a careful transfer to the secondary then cold crash for 3 days at 32 or so then let the beer warm up to room temp and add your dry hops at that point.

Latest posts

Back