Free Homebrew supplies!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dedhedjed

Reaction score
Woke up this morning and on my front porch was a free basic homebrew kit...plastic fermenter, bottling bucket, bottle filler, assorted hoses...as well as about a pound of Crystal 60, a couple of ounces of willamette, a couple of pounds of light DME and a few other odds and ends...

A guy I work with is moving and didn't want his stuff anymore (he'd never actually used it).

I believe I'll be calling him "The Homebrew Fairy" from now on...

Great way to start the day...now to dryhop an IPA.

Wow that is awesome, luckeeeee!
All I ever got was a quarter under my pillow! Oh wait a minute, that was a different fairy!:p

I wish my day had started off like that. Congrats. Just to be fair about it, you should brew the stuff he gave you and give him the beer as a way of saying thanks. Either way, he sounds like a great guy to just give you the stuff.

What a nice way to start the day!
You know what this means? You will have to pay it forward when you are in a position to do so. Every new brewer should have a brew fairy. :D

I'll be putting on my brew fairy wings soon. Last night, at a big party www.crln.org/fiesta I contributed some beer to the silent auction and, more to the beer fairy point, a brew day. Surprising me, there was a bidding war going on for the honor (!) of spending a brew day with me (the bidder gets the beer, of course). I'm providing all the ingredients, everything needed.

Hurray for brew fairies!

:tank:

Back