First bottle of my first brew...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

patd

Reaction score
...just went down the hatch! I chose a Pliny the Elder clone from AHS since it was on sale the night I ordered my kit. I thought it would be fun to try since I typically dislike extra hoppy beers and lean towards Belgian dubbels and strong dark ales. My assumption was if I messed up, I wouldn't really be able to tell :)

But I've got to see it was awesome! It's only been bottled for 24 days, but I couldn't wait to taste it. I'm sure it would be much better brewed by a homebrewer that knew what they were doing, but the time I put into it sure made it extra good...tastes like a liquid version of the dry hops, talk about a hop bomb.

Time to plan the next brew!

The Pliny clone I did was my all-time favorite beer. It's a good choice, but it's a surprising one for someone who doesn't like hoppy beers very much!

Very Cool, maybe I will have to add that one to my list of beers to brew!;)

Glad yours turned out so good. My first was one of the worst beers I have ever had, but it was mine. The next ones are what hooked me, I wish I could brew one tonight. Hope yours keep coming out so good.

Back