Drying hoses

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BubbaK

Reaction score
How do you guys dry out your plastic hoses after use? Siphon hoses, chiller hoses, etc...

When I get done racking, chilling etc, I run clean water through the hoses, and into the sanitizing solution.. Then I blow them out best I can, but there always seems to be condensation left. When I coil them up to put away, the condensation never really gets out of the hose.. I can see this being a mold issue over time.. I don't want to use compressed air as it isn't really that clean. Whats the best way to dry out these hoses?

To both conquer the memory twist and the condensation problems, I hang my hoses on a hook. This lets them gravity drain and also untwist most of the way. For my immersion chiller, since I'm not worried so much about sanitation, I just blow it out with compressed air.

After rinsing I just swing them around as fast as I can for a few seconds. One end moving quickly through the air causes air to flow out toward it and the centrifugal force helps the water to come out that end too. Ater that I just store them somewhere open to the air.

I know what you mean about the condensation. Even when I hang mine up for several days there is still moisture in there. I can't seem to get it all out.

Latest posts

Back