Dry Malt Extract, Great Source

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WileECoyote

Reaction score
Hello,
I have to tell everyone about my ordering experience from DMEmart.com
First of all, the only reason I even went looking for a source for DME was that Midwest Supplies messed up my first 3 brewing supplies/Ingredients orders in a row, I will no longer order from Midwest.

So last sunday I went looking for a place that I could get some Malt Extract (before today) to replace what was missing from my LAST order from Midwest.

I Emailed DME with some questions, about 1/2hr later I answered my phone, it was Ted from DMEmart.com (on sunday mind you) being a noob I asked him if it was ok to ask him some brewing questions, He was more than happy to answer, I also asked if he would mix and match my order, he said Yes place your order for anything and then Email him what I really wanted, I went back online placing my order for 4-3# bags of DME and sent him an Email asking for a mixed up order, I got a confirmation Email back same day, stating my order would arrive no later than wednesday.

On Wednesday my order showed up (I was blown away) mixed and matched just like I emailed and wanted.

All this Great Costumer Service, No Tax and No Shipping charge to boot.

I just had to let others here, know about my experience with DMEmart.com

Best service I have had in years from anyone!!

Thank You to Ted
WiliECoyote

Its amazing that when we get ther service we should expect we are flabbergasted!
Its good to know there are still customer focused businesses, like you said, of any type out there.
I am a believer in word of mouth referrals and will start using DMEmart :)

Cheers

I've ordered from them in the past and the items were well packaged and arrived fast. They even let me split my bulk order for different types of extract.

I've ordered from them in the past and the items were well packaged and arrived fast. They even let me split my bulk order for different types of extract.

Isn't it Great when a Business looks out for their customers best interest first.

I highly recommend DMEmart.com

Thanks for the link cheezedemond3 :) I should have done that.

Thanks
WiliECoyote

MoreBeer sells it cheaper with no tax and free shipping as well for orders over $59.00. In fact their 1 lb order of DME is lower per pound at $3.75 than DMEmart's best price, and you don't have to buy 18 lbs of DME to get it.

Sorry but these prices are just okay and I would actually expect a little cheaper if they are going to specialize in one particular product, but that's just IMHO. I'll stick with MoreBeer.

brewit2it, How long dose it take MoreBeer to get the product to your door from the time you order ?, I guess that would to my house in Arizona zip 86440 so I can compare them to DMEmart.com Also hows their customer service, will the owner of MoreBeer call you on a sunday and discuss your order and brewing beer?

Also as you state, you have to spend $59 with MoreBeer to get free shipping, that sounds like an 18lb order of DME or more, to get free shipping, Also No free shipping on a 1lb order of DME so it's really not cheaper than DMEmart.com best price, like you stated.

Price alone dose not make me want to spend my hard earned money with someone, this thread was about great customer service, not cheapest price, but now that you brought it up, if you compare apples to apples DMEmart.com is competitively priced IMHO.

brewit2it, How long dose it take MoreBeer to get the product to your door from the time you order ?, I guess that would to my house in Arizona zip 86440 so I can compare them to DMEmart.com Also hows their customer service, will the owner of MoreBeer call you on a sunday and discuss your order and brewing beer?

Also as you state, you have to spend $59 with MoreBeer to get free shipping, that sounds like an 18lb order of DME or more, to get free shipping, Also No free shipping on a 1lb order of DME so it's really not cheaper than DMEmart.com best price, like you stated.

Price alone dose not make me want to spend my hard earned money with someone, this thread was about great customer service, not cheapest price, but now that you brought it up, if you compare apples to apples DMEmart.com is competitively priced IMHO.

Their service is excellent as many here can attest. They ship very quickly but if you wanted an estimate on shipping to your address you would need to check with them.

In general most home brewers are buying more than just malt extract when they place an order. As long as your total order is $59.00 or more you get free shipping on anything on their website that qualifies for their free shipping program, and DME is included in any quantity (including a single lb for 3.75) except the 50 lb sack. If you buy 50 lbs of DME it is under $3.00 a lb but I have no idea what shipping would be.

My only point was that MoreBeer has a lower price on DME (which is a fact) and that you have a lot more flexibility in the amounts of the different varieties you can buy. On the other hand you do have to spend 59.00 to get the free shipping. Most home brewers are aware of them and their shipping policy.

:mug:

I've used DMEmart in the past, and the customer service was very good.

That said, Brewmaster's Warehouse also beats them on price, flat rate shipping included (at least if you're using the BNARMY coupon code), and has excellent customer service.

But, if all you want is DME, DMEmart isn't a bad choice. Few places will be cheaper to get that amount of DME shipped to you.

Now I mostly use DME for starters, so I haven't ordered from DMEmart in a while...a few pounds goes a long way for me, these days. ;)

I've used DMEmart in the past, and the customer service was very good.

That said, Brewmaster's Warehouse also beats them on price, flat rate shipping included (at least if you're using the BNARMY coupon code), and has excellent customer service.

But, if all you want is DME, DMEmart isn't a bad choice. Few places will be cheaper to get that amount of DME shipped to you.

Now I mostly use DME for starters, so I haven't ordered from DMEmart in a while...a few pounds goes a long way for me, these days. ;)

Can you tell me what the BNARMY coupon is supposed to offer? I couldn't find any DME for less than 3.99 a lb and the coupon code didn't work when I entered it.

Edit, nm, found it. 10% off. Not bad. I think you have to add your CC info first which is probably why it didn't work when I entered it.

Thanks

Latest posts

Back