clarity

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

force33

Reaction score
What's the key to clarity? I am not against cloudy brew but a nice keg of crystal clear Canadian pilsner would be fantastic

In my case, brew a Wit. I can't get those darn things cloudy. :)

Seriously, all I do is Irish moss/whirflock (however that's spelled) in the boil, 3 week primary, then bottle condition and let the beer refrigerate for 5-7 days.

Secondaries and gelatin won't hurt, but I don't use them. Just give everything time to settle.

In my case, brew a Wit. I can't get those darn things cloudy. :)

Seriously, all I do is Irish moss/whirflock (however that's spelled) in the boil, 3 week primary, then bottle condition and let the beer refrigerate for 5-7 days.

Secondaries and gelatin won't hurt, but I don't use them. Just give everything time to settle.

Do you screen off befoore going into primary?

Whirlfloc is great unless you are trying to achieve a cloudy wheat beer;) That is the only time I don't use it.

JonK331 said:
Whirlfloc is great unless you are trying to achieve a cloudy wheat beer;) That is the only time I don't use it.

Yeah, I don't use it in that one, obviously. But it regularly comes out my clearest beer. Oh, well, I'm not entering it in a contest, and it tastes great and looks nice, so there you go.

Back