Beer in fermenter since June 7... Too long?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rexorotten

Reaction score
I brewed a batch of beer on June 7. Gravity was still too high after 2 weeks, so I let it ride. Here it is now August 9, and I haven't checked it since. Has it been on the yeast cake too long, or will it probably be ok to bottle?

Probably. My advice? Take lid off carefully with sanitized hands and give it a sniff, don't get too close or you'll get CO2 burn in your nose! If it smells decent and not horrid, take a sanitized object and pull a sample, then (here's the kicker...) TASTE IT!

You'll know if it's ok or not.

Probably. My advice? Take lid off carefully with sanitized hands and give it a sniff, don't get too close or you'll get CO2 burn in your nose! If it smells decent and not horrid, take a sanitized object and pull a sample, then (here's the kicker...) TASTE IT!

You'll know if it's ok or not.

Ditto tre9er. Taste it. It wont kill ya. Its not gonna change much in the bottle so if it taste ok bottle it up.

Back