Easy Wheat Recipe, Thoughts?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Greyhound002

Reaction score
Just threw together a quick and easy wheat recipe with I have around the house. Just wondering what yall think of it. Making 3.5gal, since I only have a 5gal fermenter.

4#s Wheat DME
1# Munich Malt
1oz Liberty (60min)
0.5oz Liberty (40min)
0.5oz Liberty (10min)
Danstar Munich Yeast (love this stuff)

I know I won't get much from the Munich, but hoping to get some color and a little flavor. Read munich steeps alright, at least for my purposes anyway. Probably going to brew this tomorrow. Thanks for reading!

Cheers,

Cody

Anything else laying around the house? The Munich malt doesn't need to be mashed so steeping will work just fine. You will make beer. What's your estimated OG?

Looking at 1.051, which from what I gather is pretty typical and the ceiling for extract beers. I have some honey and honey malt leftover from a honey wheat beer I have bottle conditioning though.

Sent from my ADR6410LVW using Home Brew mobile app

Just at quick glance, I think your ratio of sugars/malt to IBU is way off; I think you are going to get a more bitter/non balanced beer with this than what you want (i might be wrong)...especially without mashing the Munich; I'd mash @ 152 for an hour in 1 quart of water; also I'd change your 40 minute hop addition to less time

Just my 2 cents...

No offense taken yall! That's what the forum is for. I'll look into tweaking some numbers and a partial mash. I still don't understand ratios and IBUs in terms of character.

Sent from my ADR6410LVW using Home Brew mobile app

Latest posts

Back