Chocolate milk stout

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

drakonis

Reaction score
I just started a chocolate milk stout extract kit. I blanked at talking an OG. I know really dumb but oh well things happen right. I'm giving it a good week before I take a reading, what FG should I be hoping for before putting it in a secondary?

If it is a kit with directions that came in the kit you can pretty much assume that your OG is what the kit said it would be. Unless you totally screwed up or something. FG should be around what the kit directions say, within tolerance I suppose.

I would check your directions also, extract kits should be fairly reliable unless you left out some extract. I would expect 1.015 to 1.025 would be where it should finish. Just keep taking FG readings until they stop changing.

I almost always forget something every time I've brewed, the directions didn't have a FG. This is the highest gravity beer I've done. To start with the fermenter was cold but once it warmed up it really took off so happy for that. I wanted a beer for Christmas or New Years but it seems I got started with this way too late for that.

Back