I love sharing these stories about myself

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mandoman

Reaction score
So I have been itching to brew all week but just couldn't make it happen. i have an apa ready to rack off the primary and figured I'd just pitch right on the yeast cake. I had planned a double brew for that session but only ended up doing one. Anyway, long story short I finally get around to brewing the second half tonight, starting around 7 PM - late but doable. My buddy borrowed my turkey cooker so I ran over and got it, heated up 3.25 to 170 and started doughing in. Looked a little funny but I used 1 lb or wheat which i've not used in awhile so I thought nothing of it. about 30 mins into the mash I checked and stirred. man, it looked funny.

Crap, I forgot to mill the grains!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :drunk: Since I preweighed them I guess I had a flashback to my days before the mill where I would order cracked grains and they'd be in a bag - just like I had it since they were pre-weighed (but not pre milled). Oh well, $10 down the drain and too late to start again. Good thing I have plenty of double IPA and cream ale cold!

:mug:

Back