Best Burner?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dhelegda

Reaction score
I am using a bayou classic turkey fryer, but I'm looking to upgrade? I have an 8 gallon brew pot and a keggle. What kind of burner should I upgrade to. The 55000 btu burner is not hot enough to heat the keggle. Thanks!

I like this one - I own two - work great for me

image.jpg

Something electric so you arent in a rush in the AM to get propane bc you forgot the night before! Just kidding...

I use a 55000BTU Bayou on my keggles and it does a damn good job. Takes about 20 min to get my 13gal of 160F wort to a boil, or at least that what it seems like... Ive usually had a few by then

while I was getting by with my turkey fryer burner (nothing special), I did just get a Blichmann burner for Christmas.....all I can tell you is that this thing is a tank, super heavy and slightly sinister, and pretty deluxe for my purposes. The guys at the LHBS sure like these things, for what it's worth....

Back