Am I worrying too much?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tonypr24

Reaction score
I just moved my lager from my brand new mini-brew conical and as I was cleaning it i noticed a very small dot on the top of the conical that was not there before I used it. I tried to remove it but it just will not come off. When I touch it I feel a very slight tiny little gab and I keep thinking that its a scrash that was there before I used it for fermentation. I feel that it could ruin my next beer..What do i do?

from Mini Brew - (note - I have no idea what a "gab" is)

Scratches. One need not worry about tiny scratches in plastic or stainless. There are two answers to the problem and both are easy. First do nothing. Leave the scratch, clean it with a soft brush and sterilize with hot water. The second answer is to remove the scratch by cutting down the sides. Use a dull knife drawing it toward you, scraping away the plastic. Grinding and buffing scratches in stainless steel is complicated.

Latest posts

Back