Score!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bush_84

Reaction score
So I have been struggling to get a beer bottle supply. I mostly make wine, cider, and mead. I have ample wine bottles as my dad can get all I need. I do like to make an occasional carbed beverage (love Graff!). So I have been trying to build up a beer bottle supple. There is a mixed recycle drop off bin in town. I go check it out occasionally and will get a few here and there. Tonight I collected a little over 90 bottles!! Somebody must have had a party or something and they must enjoy fine beer with the proper tops. I had about 50, which was enough for a batch. Now I have more than doubled my beer bottle supply.

Now the rough part is cleaning them all. :(

I have a large rubbermaid trash can that I can load a couple of cases of bottles into (bottles fresh from german bar).

2 big scoops of oxyclean and let soak for a few days. Spic and span. labels come off, too.

Most disgusting thing is when you dump a cigarette butt out of one of them. Yech.

I use totes, because that's what I have. A large trash can would be a lot easier due to larger size. I've yet to try oxyclean, but most come off rather easily.

Latest posts

Back