Kegs go fast!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cpt_Kirks

Reaction score
There are only 32 Imperial Pints (20oz) in a keg.

That is 16 days, at 2 pints a day. I just lifted my cherry wheat keg and it feels about gone. :(

I have an amber lager, a light lager and a cream ale in the pipeline, but they are several weeks from being ready (I will have a good Christmas). Brewing a dunkel wheat this weekend and an Alt next weekend, to keep the pipeline full.

However, I will have dry taps for a few weeks.

Im with you. My keg is about done... Coffee stout will be bottled and need some time there, I have about another week hopefully before I can bottle it. I will be brewing a pale ale this weekend so If I force the CO2 into that I can be tap happy in 3 1/2 weeks.
Oh well, Abita make a good party pack:cross:

Yeah, I was all excited about my APA made with my very own cascade hops. I came in all hot and sweaty from hockey practice tonight, and blllllllllooooooop- the keg kicked after 1/2 pint. Now, I'm sure that it was leaking. I only put it online the weekend before Thanksgiving. There are only two adults in the household. I'm sure there is a leak in the bottom. There is NO way that I drank 5 gallons of APA in a week and a half. No way. :D

Yeah, I was all excited about my APA made with my very own cascade hops. I came in all hot and sweaty from hockey practice tonight, and blllllllllooooooop- the keg kicked after 1/2 pint. Now, I'm sure that it was leaking. I only put it online the weekend before Thanksgiving. There are only two adults in the household. I'm sure there is a leak in the bottom. There is NO way that I drank 5 gallons of APA in a week and a half. No way. :D

Hmm. how old are your kids??:D

My dry Irish stout is probably about kicked- have a lager, a cherry stout, and a nut brown ale about ready, in that order, and just got ingredients for two more brews. Yea, I need more kegs.

I always tell SWMBO that they keep selling me half-full kegs.:) Mine always seems to kick on Saturday afternoon.

When that keg ran dry last night, I almost cried.

Then, I went to look for the cat on the front porch, and there were two AHS recipe kits and a new better bottle UPS had dropped off (without ringing the bell, of course).

It was like a sign...

:)

It's a sickening, empty, lonely feeling. I plan on getting 2 more kegs so that my 2-tap keggerator is (hopefully) never empty. :drunk:

The solution to all of this is to have a lot of extra kegs laying around full of beer, you never have to go more than a day with a dry tap.

I just got my kegerator up and running 2 weeks ago. Loaded it up with a keg of tasty Hopworks Deluxe Organic Ale from down the road (6.9% ABV 55 IBU Hopworks Urban Brewery - Deluxe Organic Ale). I'm working up to my first batch of homebrew. I'm an occasional drinker and my wife is off wheat gluten while she figures out if she's allergic or not . . so I thought I was good for the month. But no . . 8 days later it was dry! I don't know how that's possible . . but the 22 oz pilsner glass I use probably understates how much I'm drinking . . . and I did have two nights where I stayed up til 2 AM house painting and keeping myself in good spirits by drinking as much as possible. 8 days! I'm now kicking myself for deciding to run soda water out of the second faucet!

It's a sickening, empty, lonely feeling. I plan on getting 2 more kegs so that my 2-tap keggerator is (hopefully) never empty. :drunk:

Christmas is coming up fast...and that's what I plan on getting too....I keep having dreams where my keezer has to become an island table, because there are too many tap handles. That's the world I want to live in.

Wow! You must have the funnest house ever!:mug:

The solution to all of this is to have a lot of extra kegs laying around full of beer, you never have to go more than a day with a dry tap.

...or an hour...

Ya have to stock up on raw materials.
Bulk_Order_1.jpg

Ya have to put those raw materials to work.
35_gallons.jpg

Ya have to have plenty of aging/storage capacity so you're not drinking green beer.
Empty_Cornies.jpg

Ya have to have ample distribution.
Chest_Bigger_2.jpg

So multiple products can flow freely 24/7.
10Der_3.jpg

...or an hour...

Ya have to stock up on raw materials.

Ya have to put those raw materials to work.

Ya have to have plenty of aging/storage capacity so you're not drinking green beer.

Ya have to have ample distribution.

So multiple products can flow freely 24/7.

You suck. And what were the "[-ATTACH][/ATTACH-]" tags around pictures. Never seen those! "- WAS THROWN IN SO THEY'D DISPLAY OF COURSE

10 gal batches are the way to go.
Easy with a 15 gal pot if you use foam control

On tap: 80 Shilling & American Amber, both about half gone:p

Pipeline:
5gal bitter, kegged and carbed
5 gal bitter, 5 gal brown, Kegging tonight
10 gal mild kegging next week
10 gal blonde, up on deck for a Friday brew session

I try to keep 20+ in the pipeline, but it's hard.......

I have to build up a "preferred recipe list" before I get around to running 10 gallon batches.

Also, I need to finish my keggle. I have the top cut out and smoothed out, but that's all. I am off 11 days at Christmas so maybe I will get some work done on it.

I hear you about the keggle Kirks. I have just finished mine and am gonna finish my wort chiller tomorrow so i can brew over the weekend. I pulled the last pint in my keggerator a couple weeks ago and it is completely empty (and somehow that also gives me an empty feeling inside).

I am gonna brew a 10gal batch of hefe. That should be ready rather quick. The first 5 gals will be put into the kegerator a few weeks after primary. The second 5 gals will be racked on a secondary with some raspberry puree.

Man i cant wait!

Back