Infected lines?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Stevorino

Reaction score
I have two kegs of beer in my kegerator -- both have similar off flavors. Of the 8 kegs in my keezer, the only two hooked up are the two that I believe are infected.

I use flare fittings -- so when I don't have a pin-lock connector attached, they the tubes are just laying exposed to the chest freezer enviornment. Previously I haven't sanitized the inside of these lines before adding on my connector and then attaching it to the keg. What's the likelihood that a baddy has gotten into my lines and then infected my two kegs of beer?

Good chance the lines are infected. Not likely they infected the kegs. I flush and sanitize my lines before changing kegs.

Do you have check valves on the gas side? Beer can back up into gas lines and create issues. Some recommend adding a Hepa filter to your gas line. Recently suggested by Claudis on HBT to use a HEPA-VENT and HEPA-CAP in case there is crap in the CO2 tank that can ruin your beer.

Back