CO2 tanks doesnt quite fit right

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MathMan

Reaction score
So I got a wild hair and decided to check the dimensions on my wife's little beverage refridgerator. To my luck everything would fit for a two keg picnic tap setup and the wife gave the ok! So, I ordered everything, checked the fit but in doing so forgot to put on the regulator when checking.

After kegging beer and placing everything back in the fridge, the CO2 tank didn't quite fit. I need about 1/4 inch more height for the apperatus to sit upright (on the compressor hump). Currently it is sitting at a slight angle, stable but my concern is that there is downward force on the gauge of the regulator. Should I:

1) leave it, its not going to hurt anything if it's stable
2) rotate the regulator down about 45° so everything will sit upright. (and I can't read the gauges easily)
3) lay the tank on it's side (and move a keg each time i want to get to the regulator)
4) cut a notch in the plastic at the too of the fridge so everything sits upright (no prefered since the wife gave the ok because I didn't need to "adjust" the fridge in the first place)

I can take a picture when I get home if it'd be helpful. Thanks for any suggestions!

Do not tip the tank! You will been introducing liquid Co2 in your regulator. This is not a good thing, the potential catastrophic outcome of the liquid changing state in the regulator is scarry!

My choice would would be #1 or #2 if your not satisfied with either of these short term fixed for the long term, I would find a "safe place" to make a hole to run a hose threw and place the tank and regulator outside of the unit.

I'd rotate the regulator just enough either way for it to fit and see which way gives you the best view of the gauges.

I have the same issue with my mini fridge. Originally my co2 tank fit on the back hump fine. One time I exchanged the empty tank and they gave me a full one which happens to be about 1/4-1/2" taller and now no longer fits. I've just left the co2 tank on a slight angle because I couldn't think of another option.

Back