Cider Serving Container

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NateSpringfield

Reaction score
For the past couple years I have made some hard apple cider and used my bottling bucket as a "serving container" to make snake bites with it. It sits in a closet in the basement not seen, but easily accessible. I had previously bottled it, but ran into a few exploding bottles and decided I'd rather not deal w/ that mess again.

Now I have a keezer for the first time when making my cider. I don't want to take up one of my two taps by kegging it, but if I am going to have my cider near my "serving center", probably sitting on top of the keezer at the opposite end of the taps, I want it to be in something nicer than my bottling bucket.

Any ideas would be appreciated. I searched a little but haven't found anything that would work.

I agree with ^^^, put it in a keg in the kegerator, but just use a picnic tap. I do the opposite, to keep the kegerator in the kitchen and all my brewing equipment in the house I keep a designated tap to cider for my swmbo and just suffer having one of my other beers on a picnic tap.

I guess I should have been a little clearer. I only have room for 2 kegs and gas in my keezer. Adding another keg/gas setup isn't possible right now. I am looking into converting an old smaller wine barrel/cask into a serving container, a la desktop whiskey barrel style.

Haven't figured out all the logistics yet, I'm just pricing and reading at this point... Also found a different size/shape bottling bucket that I may build some sort of container for.

Back