The Great Bottle Opener Giveaway

Home Brew Forums > Wine, Mead, Cider, Sake & Soda > Cider Forum > What is the best cider kit?

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-20-2012, 09:24 PM   #1
biggpadd
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Default What is the best cider kit?

Hey guys, new to home brewing, just brewed my first brew, was an American pale ale, really citrusy and full flavoured! I enjoyed the experience so much I've gone out and bought 2 more kegs, few more fermenting bins and bottles! I've really got the bug :-) I'm thinking of making a quick 4week cider, want it nice tasting, strong and ready for Xmas, anyone know of a good apple cider kit please? Also I would like to find a different fruit cider that I'm going to put some effort into! Might brew it over 8 or so weeks. Any help with anything to do with home brewing also would be fantastic! I'm just a novice trying to learn as fast as I can!

Thanks guys!!!!

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-20-2012, 10:15 PM   #2
CodyA
Recipes 

Liked 15 Times on 15 Posts
Likes Given: 22

They sell cider kits like beer and wine kits?

Old 11-20-2012, 10:23 PM   #3
Bluespark
Recipes 

Liked 26 Times on 20 Posts

You really don't need a cider kit(if they sell them?).in its simplest form its just juice and yeast. My first batch was fresh pressed, pasteurized cider, a bit of honey and a packet of yeast. It's definitely drinkable, though a little strong and dry. I have a batch going now with ale yeast that should be much sweeter.

Old 11-20-2012, 10:51 PM   #4
LeBreton
Recipes 

Liked 93 Times on 81 Posts
Likes Given: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluespark View Post
You really don't need a cider kit(if they sell them?).in its simplest form its just juice and yeast. My first batch was fresh pressed, pasteurized cider, a bit of honey and a packet of yeast. It's definitely drinkable, though a little strong and dry. I have a batch going now with ale yeast that should be much sweeter.
This.

Here are your instructions http://makinghardcider.com/

Old 11-27-2012, 03:26 PM   #5
biggpadd
Recipes 

Thanks guys! Going to take everything on board!!! Going to start my cider tomorrow! Will let u know how I get on! Thanks again!

Quick Reply