New Brewer from IL

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

quincy07

Reaction score
Hey all,

My wife got me a Mr. Beer, I know, I know, for Father's Day. I have been interested in home brewing for quite some time but hadn't taken the plunge.

Anyway, I have the "Classic American Light" fermenting and should be ready to bottle by the end of the week. I am looking forward to the results, but don't have super high hopes from what I've heard about this particular beer.

I am also already looking into upgrading to a 5 gallon setup but will probably wait for a while as I am planning to move to Utah in a few months.

Welcome to the group, from CO. Read the forum stickies and the wiki, great free info. Ask away, this is a helpful community.

Thank you.

I've slowly been making my way through the forums. The amount of info is almost overwhelming but I have already learned a lot and can't wait to brew my next batch, thinking a hefeweizen.

Do you live in Quincy? They have a homebrew shop (Mac's Homebrew) and a homebrew club there. I'd suggest you check them out. I bet you could find someone who will let you brew with them which is a great way to start without spending a ton of money.

cswest said:
Do you live in Quincy? They have a homebrew shop (Mac's Homebrew) and a homebrew club there. I'd suggest you check them out. I bet you could find someone who will let you brew with them which is a great way to start without spending a ton of money.

No I live in Bolingbrook. Not sure where Quincy IL is but there's a LHBS here too. I'm gonna go in there this weekend for some things and just check it out.

Welcome from Schaumburg area! Lots of good brew stores and bars in this area! I just brewed up a hefe last weekend, anxious to try it!

Back