hey from La.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

zstewart123

Reaction score
Hey guys and gals. Newbie here from Louisiana. Just bought all of my equipment and looking forward to my first brew, just waiting for it to cool off a little. I am planning on kegging the beer. I got a hell of a deal on Craigslist for my equipment. I bought 5 Corney's, 20# CO2 tank with regulator, 7.5 gal primary, 2 carboys and a bunch of misc. supplies for $180!!!! Everything is like new. I am going to just refurb the Corneys and clean everything up. Any suggestions on what to brew first? Also does anyone know of a brewshop in South Louisiana? There is one in Denham Springs, but its closed everytime I drive by. Thanks for any help.

Zak

Welcome. Sounds like you got a great deal. I'd recommend a wheat beer or a pale ale as a first brew.

zstewart123 said:
Any suggestions on what to brew first? Also does anyone know of a brewshop in South Louisiana? There is one in Denham Springs, but its closed everytime I drive by. Thanks for any help.

Zak

I just did a little search and found a place called Bootleggers Brewing Supply in Baton Rouge and a place called Brew Ha Ha in New Orleans. You're about halfway between the two, am I correct?

What kind of beers do you like? Are there any commercial brands that you're fond of more than others? What do you like in a beer (in other words; what makes a good beer taste good to you?)

Brew ha ha closed some time ago and Bootleggers is in transition. Their old location burned down and are relocating cross town. Thanks for the help

i live in new orleans, and i just started brewing this july. i've been ordering everything online; i heard about a liquor store in slidell called the beer box that will order homebrew supplies if you get in contact with the owner, but i haven't had the chance to check it out.

Holy crap Saint Amant. I used to live in Prairieville, graduated from E.A (c/o 2002). Welcome!

I live in Gonzales and got my kit through bootleggers and it was a horrible experience. I went to North Naton Rouge where the abandoned warehouse is, I mean "new" shop. Nobody is even there. I had to call a number on the door and have somebody meat me there and then the owner didn't sound like he new much about brewing beer. He said he hadn't done it in a long time and he didn't know what I meant by a secondary. Then they only accept cash or check. Thank God I had a check on me because I drove 30 minutes to the place and couldn't tell you where an atm is in North Baton Rouge. I can understand that the business burnt down and the owner's might want to phase it out but I was just disappointed by everything cause the website made it sound awesome.

Back