Hello from a Texas brewer

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

danielc409

Reaction score
Hey folks,

My name is Daniel ( obviously right? ) and I'm from Port Arthur / Groves, Texas. I've been brewing for a couple of years, started with Mr. Beer of course, then moved up to the big leagues to all grain brewing. I only have 1 recipe completed and have already been drinking from all grain, but I have 2 right now in fermenters doing their thing. All the recipes and supplies for the most part have come from Austin Homebrew.

Basically joined because there seems to be a wealth of information here to absorb and I'm looking to get more serious into my homebrewing. This has been my all time favorite hobby and I enjoy nothing more than drinking beer. I just can't wait till winter because it's fricken hot in my garage with this Texas heat and humidity heh.

Quick info about me, I'm 28 years old, currently a firefighter in my hometown and a USMC infantry vet 2003-2007. I DJ drum and bass music, love cooking and tasting different beer from anywhere I can find it.

My setup right now is just a simple stainless pot for HLT / BK and a coleman cooler for mash tun. I'm about to pull the trigger on 2 stainless 10 gallon BK's with valves / thermometers for HLT / BK and I'd really like to get / build a single tier brew setup. That'll probably be in the way down the line when I can afford it.

Anyways, I'll be around. :rockin:

Back