Hello from the mountains of Tennessee

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Random_Guy

Reaction score
Hey guys. A beer lover originally from NY now living in TN here. Full time computer tech, part time aspiring brewer. Like lots of others here I made my first couple batches of brew using Mr. Beer. Came out ok, but I crave something more. I need to do more on my own and not just pour a can into hot water. So here I am now with a newly acquired kit of goodies. Got some ingredients on order for a Brown Ale(yummy). Looking to make some brew hopefully this weekend. Oh yeah, I am also a full on metal head:rockin:. Lets brew some beer!!!

Cheers:mug:

I just joined today as well. Good luck on your first batch, it certainly is fun...I'm only on my third batch tonight. Definately a fun hobby to start.

Thanks for the welcome guys. I wasn't able to brew this weekend. Hoping for this weekend. Gotta clean up and sanitize my equipment good. Anyone else in here from TN?

I'm from Cartersville now but I grew up in the Chattanooga area! I am guessing you are in the Gatlinburg area??

I am a little bit from the Gatlinberg area. I am actually more in the Tri-Cities area. Close to Mountain City.

Boodlemania - Any good brewing stores in the area?

Welcome, Tennessee! Don't forget, even when you go to larger batches, the Mr. Beer keg makes a great fermentation vessel for experimental recipes and things you're not going to want a lot of (think lambic, or barleywine!).

I frequent Fermentation Station in Knoxville.

There's Epicurean Outpost in Johnson City, but I haven't been there yet, so I cannot confirm nor deny.

I frequent Fermentation Station in Knoxville.

There's Epicurean Outpost in Johnson City, but I haven't been there yet, so I cannot confirm nor deny.

I got a cousin living in Knoxville whom I have yet gone to visit. A trip is most certainly due so I may have to find that place when I am there.

I have found that Epicurean Outpost online and would like to go there. Thanks for the heads up. Maybe a brew party is in order since we live rather close.:mug: Have no fear...all those murder charges have been dropped so I am in no means a "psycho".:cross:

Back