Looking for a large keg tub for sanke and corneys

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

summerofgeorge

Reaction score
I'm looking for a big plastic tote that I can use as a keg tub for a 15.5g sanke and 1-2 corneys or just 3-4 corneys. Just something simple to throw on the deck or in the yard with some ice for a party. I'm having a lot of trouble finding something that's wide enough for the sanke. Some totes I've seen are wide enough at the top but have tapered sides so the bottom isn't big enough for the sanke.

The round tubs would work for just a sanke but no room for corneys.
The rectangular ones I've found would work well for the corneys but not the sanke.

Any suggestions? I thought about just building a cheap box but would rather just buy something for this. I figured it would be pretty easy to find.

100 gallon Rubbermaid stock tank

ObjectServer

Even has a spot for a drain, so you don't have to struggle dumping 300lbs of water/ice or bucket it out.

Hey MT - Excellent, thanks for my blog link and finding my pictures. I was thinking of what Summerofgeorge was proposing when I "assembled" this thing. The only issue I had was height for the corneys, especially the ball locks. I've ended up attaching a wooden lid, which I had to build up. It gives me just enough room to cover everything inside, helps keep the ice around a little longer and provides a nice surface for cups, pitchers and plates.

Cheers,
Mike

Thanks for the suggestions. I was hoping for something a little cheaper/lighter. The Rubbermaid tub would work but it's $100. With the totes being $10-20, I was hoping to find something just a little bit bigger than I was for around that much. The steel tub is pretty cool. I think I'd like something a little more portable though.

I might try to find a deeper tub that I can put a wooden false bottom so a full size keg fits. I just need to make sure it's deep enough to keep a good part of the keg on ice.

Latest posts

Back