Ss Brewing Technologies Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Community > Brewing Events & Local Gatherings > Great Lakes USA > Ohio HomeBrew Forum > Island beers for the 4th of July!!!!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-28-2013, 01:55 PM   #1
PorterGlenn
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 5 Times on 3 Posts
Likes Given: 3

Default Island beers for the 4th of July!!!!

I currently live in Colorado but grew up in Toledo area and come back every year on the 4th of July to get together with the family on Middle Bass Island (the island next to Put-in-Bay)

Since there is no beer store on the island I have to bring a weeks worth of beer with me when I go and wanted to ask what some of the local favorites are.

I like IPA's and pale ales, but since I will be doing alot of drinking in the sun and for extended periods of time lighter beers are good too, pilsners, ales, sessions, whit's, hefe's, maybe a saison?

Any suggestions are greatly appriciated as otherwise I basically just guess what might be good at the beer and wine store Corks (on the Perrysburg/Rossford line over by Home Depot and Meijer's, and there may be a Target over there?

Thanks!!!

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-04-2013, 05:16 AM   #2
gwaugh
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts
Likes Given: 1

I really like the Great Lakes Brewery beers. Its out of Cleveland but I know their beer is all over northern Ohio. I've had a couple from Maumee Bay and they have been hit or miss for me. I just tried their Kolsch at a recent Mudhens game and didn't care for it, although I suspect the off flavor I was getting may have been dirty draft lines.

The Andersons on Sylvania Ave has a great selection of beer and has mix and match 6 packs.

Old 06-05-2013, 03:38 PM   #3
treacheroustexan
Recipes 

Liked 19 Times on 14 Posts
Likes Given: 16

I agree Great Lakes is incredible, buy some GL Lake Erie Monster and give that a try or Dortmunder gold if you get a chance.

Quick Reply