What do you do for a living?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Professional conversationist (really - I'm hired to work parties so the "wallflowers" have someone to talk with).

Professional conversationist (really - I'm hired to work parties so the "wallflowers" have someone to talk with).

Care to explain? Is this something you do on your own, or is there a company that provides this service? I'm just a bit bewildered and curious how this works. It's very interesting!

I'm a handyman / carpenter. I'm also proficiently skilled in electrical, plumbing, drywall/painting, tile, etc. I can build a house with my bare hands.

Legal File Clerk at a mid-size firm in downtown San Diego. Graduated SDSU in 2008 and finished up my time in the Marine Corps Reserve in 2009.

I've started writing and brewing in my free time and trying to figure out what to do next.

During the day for most of the year, I teach 4th-8th graders at a small private school (Science and literature).

Otherwise I'm an amateur sportscar racer, social dancer (blues, swing, and tango), and indoor rock climber.

I'm finishing up my PhD in chemical physics...should be done this fall. After that I never want to work again. In the off hours I brew beer, cycle (road and mountain), play with my dog, and I drink.

R&D Machinist currently working on medical products. Where the company is designing a replacement Heart Valve and deployment system.

Jack in the Box----------------------2---years---(night shift Leader)
Coke a Cola-------------------------2---years---(building pallets for trucks)
Hughes Tool-------------------------3---years---(yes Howard Hughes, machine operator)
Delivery 2 different companies--------2---years---(stainless fittings for chemical plants)
Frito Lay----------------------------16+-years---(10 yrs.van store delivery 6 1/2 yrs. big trucks)
Hadley------------------------------2----years---(car hauler)
Kroger------------------------------1----year----(store delivery big truck)
Well Known big car hauling company--6----years---(car haul 2 years, Loading supervisor 4 years)

I'll retire here, if they let me. I get to fart in all different kinds of automobiles, home every night, very nice company.:rockin:

Not bad for only a High School Education IMO.

Care to explain? Is this something you do on your own, or is there a company that provides this service? I'm just a bit bewildered and curious how this works. It's very interesting!

I'm interested in the professional conversationalist thing as well, sounds interesting. Not something I'd ever be able to do as I hate people.

Me... programmer, hobbies... fixing the house.

I am an Emergency Department Technician. Basically I'm an EMT working in the hospital. I'm the nurses' b#$%^ most of the time. We are only really appreciated when we are aren't around.

I am working on my RN so that I can work 3 days a week and brew 4 days a week.

Hey Ravenhead,
Would you mind cathing the lady in 4? And I need a complete rainbow in 6 and then he needs to go to CAT scan. Oh ya, the drunk in 18 just dropped a duece in his pants and O'Leary is being his usual arsehole self and wants him cleaned up, so can you do that first? And BTW, we're ordering pizza, you want in?

PTN

I'm the chief architect for a mid-sized company. Not the real kind of architect, I'm the technology/programmer kind. Hobbies.. camping, board games, smithing.

Used to be a warehouse supervisor for a biomedical polymer manufacturer and R&D company. Currently working part-time at the LHBS and starting a wholesale beer and wine business.

I'm a student at Clarkson University in Potsdam, NY. I graduate in 2011 with a B.S. in Civil Engineering.
Summers I'm an outdoor power equipment salesman--tractors, mowers, chainsaws, trimmers, etc.
Hobbies include fishing, camping, kayaking, and drinking good beer. All four at once, if possible ;)

Back