Not-So-Obnoxious Baseball Thread

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Rangers don't give up you still have a chance to stick it to the As and help out your old pals the Ms

Tigers hit a 3-run homer in the 9th to win the game last night!

or so it seemed.

Nathan gives up a few hits and some idiot in the outfield DIVES for a fly ball and misses, allowing the runner to score.

What kind of moron DIVES for a fly ball in the 9th with 1 out?? Friggin hold up on it, field it on one hop, and hold the runner at SECOND. hope for a double play or (gasp) better pitching!

Unfortunately we've had too few pitchers we can count on this season. Verlander? Even odds at best. Price? What happened there?

It's a good thing I'm not terribly invested in baseball. It was just a bit disappointing to tune in last night and listen to the Tigers score 3 on a HR and then give it away half an inning later.

And Jackson probably would have caught that ball...

Speaking of the Am League Central... the Royals are a bunch of heart-breakers. Having not been to the post season since they won the WS in '85 they led until a few days ago. They have been slowly disintegrating due to a lack of offense. Duffy has missed two starts now and his replacement has sucked. If needed to score more than 3 or so runs due to lackluster pitching on any given day they usually lose. MAJOR disappointments this year include Billy Butler and Mike Moose-suck-ass. Hopefully they will be gone next year. Bright side has been the combination of Herrera/Davis/Holland and the starting pitching of Big Game James. With a handful of games left the Royals continue to lose every time Detroit loses and to teams they should be beating. Frustrating!

Unfortunately we've had too few pitchers we can count on this season. Verlander? Even odds at best. Price? What happened there?

It's a good thing I'm not terribly invested in baseball. It was just a bit disappointing to tune in last night and listen to the Tigers score 3 on a HR and then give it away half an inning later.

And Jackson probably would have caught that ball...

Loving Jackson out here in Seattle

Speaking of the Am League Central... the Royals are a bunch of heart-breakers. Having not been to the post season since they won the WS in '85 they led until a few days ago. They have been slowly disintegrating due to a lack of offense. Duffy has missed two starts now and his replacement has sucked. If needed to score more than 3 or so runs due to lackluster pitching on any given day they usually lose. MAJOR disappointments this year include Billy Butler and Mike Moose-suck-ass. Hopefully they will be gone next year. Bright side has been the combination of Herrera/Davis/Holland and the starting pitching of Big Game James. With a handful of games left the Royals continue to lose every time Detroit loses and to teams they should be beating. Frustrating!

They took a game last night! Stupid base running by Hunter. Killed a chance to get a run in and keep the inning alive for Detroit.

Loving Jackson out here in Seattle

I bet you are! ;)

Well the next series will mean everything for the division lead. Herrera/Davis have now shown they are human and can be touched for a run. My son's favorite Royal (Aoki) just set a club record for hits in a series and has absolutely been on fire so hopefully that continues. I'll be holding my breath here in KC.

Well the next series will mean everything for the division lead. Herrera/Davis have now shown they are human and can be touched for a run. My son's favorite Royal (Aoki) just set a club record for hits in a series and has absolutely been on fire so hopefully that continues. I'll be holding my breath here in KC.

AL Central and the AL wildcard race is tight tight. I know KC and Detroit are both hoping to win division so they don't have to sweat the wild card race. Since my team is out, I'm having fun watching other races now.

I don't know how to feel. Baseball games feel like football games to me and it's wierd. I'm to young to remember 95 for the mariners. So this is uncharted territory for me.

AL Central and the AL wildcard race is tight tight. I know KC and Detroit are both hoping to win division so they don't have to sweat the wild card race. Since my team is out, I'm having fun watching other races now.

I keep hearing how this is supposed to be fun but I'm not having any! Definitely want to win the division so our playoff chances are not decided by a single game in the wildcard.

I keep hearing how this is supposed to be fun but I'm not having any! Definitely want to win the division so our playoff chances are not decided by a single game in the wildcard.

The one game scenarios are piling up. If the Tigers KC tie for the division then it will be a 1 game to decide the Central Division. If the loser is tied with the 2nd WC then there is a game for the 2nd wild card spot. Then the winner plays for the WC. Having fun now?

And there goes the Mariners' playoff hopes. They were pretenders as they always are. Too bad, I was looking for a reason to watch the playoffs. Go KC I guess?

Price gives up 3 in the top of the 9th to let the game be tied.

Cabrerra hits a single in the bottom to drive in the winning run. I thought for sure Detroit would give this one up after that really solid pitching performance. That's been their MO all season it seems.

If Detroit and KC play solid for the rest of the week they have a decent chance of winning the Division or coming up with the first Wildcard. Play a little worse than that and it starts to get scary.

Was hoping for a Detroit loss last night after I saw it was 3-3 so KC would pull within 1/2 game. Hopefully we sweep the tribe and Tigers find a way to lose.

Derek Jeter goes out in grand style.

Media coverage has been over the top, but Derek did not disappoint in his last at bat. He was a great player, carried himself with dignity, and will be missed from the sport.

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vRqYzzWUvMI[/ame]

Detroit avoided a tiebreaker game (Which they surely would have lost.) after giving up 20+ points to a lousy team the 2 previous games.

I will still be rooting for them, but their inconsistent offense and pitching will spell doom for them in the playoffs. Their only hope is if they can get a more consistent batting through the middle of the lineup each game, and if the starting pitching and ESPECIALLY the relief pitching can get back on track.

Oh well, on to Baltimore! :mug:

Los Marineros sure know how to tug at the heart strings. Can always play the what if game with 162 played. It was a fun year and I look forward to next year for the first time in a looooooooooong while.

Los Marineros sure know how to tug at the heart strings. Can always play the what if game with 162 played. It was a fun year and I look forward to next year for the first time in a looooooooooong while.

Mariners had a great run. Ill give them that. But now its time for October baseball!!

1412012912836.jpg

Royals couldn't win when Detroit lost so they get to play a one/done playoff game. Hopefully we can hit Jon Lester tomorrow or all the hoopla of the first playoff game in 29 years will be short lived.

Almost Famous Brewing Company

Royals couldn't win when Detroit lost so they get to play a one/done playoff game. Hopefully we can hit Jon Lester tomorrow or all the hoopla of the first playoff game in 29 years will be short lived.

There should have been no hoopla for the guaranteed WC. The Royals were in a divisional race. Why did they celebrate a WC spot? The Tigers didn't and the A's only did because it was all that was left. I understand the 29 yr thing but to celebrate a post season guarantee... when involved in a Divisional race seemed odd to me. Celebrations are for winning the Division or winning the WC.

There should have been no hoopla for the guaranteed WC. The Royals were in a divisional race. Why did they celebrate a WC spot? The Tigers didn't and the A's only did because it was all that was left. I understand the 29 yr thing but to celebrate a post season guarantee... when involved in a Divisional race seemed odd to me. Celebrations are for winning the Division or winning the WC.

It was all about the 29 year thing. They had a shot at forcing a playoff for the division but just couldn't get a win when they needed one... story of their life. It's brutal living here (15 years now) and rooting for them which is why I'm holding my breath tomorrow. They'll lose Shields next year and hopefully will make changes at DH and 3rd base but it would be nice to make it to Anaheim this season.

Not when it's been 29 years. Think about it.
I probably spent too much time thinking about it. I had conversations with other baseball fans in person and on the Baseball forums. Talking about when KC should celebrate. I was absolutely sure there would be no celebrating till KC clinched the division. They had work to do in the next couple days. When you have to work the next day I figured you don't party the night before. Anyway it's 2-0 A's. Got to watch some ball.

You guys are funny.

I was at the game in '08 when the Rays clinched a playoff berth. We'd only been a team for 10 years, but nevertheless we were anxious to prove ourselves. We were last, in ALL OF MLB, the year before.

I think if you get the playoff dance-floor, you deserve to rejoice. Come on, we rejoice every win. Playoffs are awesome, do a dance.

What a great game, I have to admit that I'm a Central Division guy. I was disappointed last year when the East (TB) won against the Indians. I was hoping for a win against the West tonight. Lets get a Central division KC vs Detroit ALCS

Dish receiver switched over to record SOA for the wife when the score was 7-3. Woke up to find out I missed a heck of a finish.

I was kind of hoping KC would lose, but oh well. I guess the A's bad luck was too much for them.

Dish receiver switched over to record SOA for the wife when the score was 7-3. Woke up to find out I missed a heck of a finish.

I was kind of hoping KC would lose, but oh well. I guess the A's bad luck was too much for them.

I went to bed in the 6th but my son stayed up to watch. Woke up today and SWMBO tells me "Royals won." I was pissed that I didn't see the entire game at that point.

Rooting against KC is just wrong. They have no budget, haven't been to post season since winning it all back in '85 and you got to be a hater. Disappointing. Maybe they're allowed to celebrate in some people's eyes now.

Latest posts

Back