MW3, what is your screen name

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I havent decided if I will get MW3 yet, I pre-ordered Skyrim and if it lives up to its hype I will be immersed in that game for the next 2 years LOL. Come on 11/11/11!!!!!

had to google skyrim. looks like World of warcraft to me. I'm all about instant gratification, not some long drawn out quest and magical spells.

Played MW2, got to where I could only play on hardcore because the game is a bit silly.

Bought battlefield 3 last week and love it. Realistic, TEAM based, destruction!(buildings asplode when you shoot rockets at 'em, durrrrr), vehicles, and abunch of other stuff.

also I think the idea of MW Elite is pretty lame. I'm tired of paying extra for stuff that should be included in the release of a game when I've already given them sixty bucks for a damn video game. Either make the DLC free or include it in the finished game like it should be.

So, any initial reactions to MW3? At first I hated it as with any new map pack. I just hate not knowing the maps, knowing where people will spawn, finding my spots. Now, its growing on me. I still don't like some of the maps, but supposedly there will be a new map pack every month.

I still think the best fps ever was Medal of Honor:Allied Assault. Best maps ever too.

Foolishbacchus6 (they assigned it to me, haven't felt like changing yet)

Live seems to be real glitchy lately so I have been playing a lot of solo games, survivor.

PS3. Same screen name as here. I use HBt as my clan name if anyone else might be interested in using the same.

My biggest complaint is the lag. I'll bust around a corner in full fire mode and swear that I just laid a guy out. Then I'll watch the kill cam and it looks like I never even fired. My kids are learning all kinds of new insults laden with swear words. I can't stand it.

Otherwise, I'm still undecided. I'm starting to think that I prefer Black Ops.

had to google skyrim. looks like World of warcraft to me. I'm all about instant gratification, not some long drawn out quest and magical spells.

lol truth.

I owned Oblivion...probably put about 16 hours of play into it.

Then I flipped it on one day and realized I had done nothing but collect flowers and attempt to rob one house for the length of that 16 hours.

So I'm gonna have to pass on the new one. lol

DrainBamage1011 on XBox 360.

I've been having lag issues as well. It isn't a matter of "if" so much as "how bad". Sometimes I get a couple of hiccups here and there that are otherwise manageable, other times I take two steps and the game skips me all over the map. Then again, I had the same issues with Black Ops for the first several months it was out.

Survival mode is a lot of fun, as is Kill Confirmed (when it works :mad:).

All call of duties had lag issues within the first month of being released. I have only played a little, but I don't think it is too bad. I think the boards are way to circular with no spots to hold up. It seems like the enemy is always spaning behind you. Think I might get skyrim and throw away days of my life

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using Home Brew Talk

niilo666 on xbox. hit me up with a message saying you are from here. I don't listen to messages because they are from little **** heads that want me to try out for their clan or something stupid like that. NO NOOBS...:D

MI_AleMan1085 on PS3. I'm going to set HBT as my clan tag next time I play, I think we should all do it.

I like the game. I know a lot of people complain about lag and stuff, but I haven't had many issues. Every once in a while I'll get some stuttering etc., but it's not too bad. Sometimes you get killed when someone is shooting at you, then you run behind a corner and stuff like that, but that's happened in every CoD I've played.

My only gripe with the game is that there's too much air support. It seems like I spend 1/4 of each match hiding from a chopper, or getting blasted out of nowhere by a predator missile. I don't remember it being this bad (I hadn't played CoD for a long time before I got MW3, I played a lot of MW1 and WaW a few years ago though). I guess they have the "blind eye" thing to deal w/ that though. I thought the attack dogs in WaW were a lot better than choppers, at least you had a chance to defend yourself instead of just being gunned down every time you step out in the open. Really, it's a minor complaint. I still think the game is awesome. I really like the new kill streak system, too.

My only gripe with the game is that there's too much air support. It seems like I spend 1/4 of each match hiding from a chopper, or getting blasted out of nowhere by a predator missile. I don't remember it being this bad (I hadn't played CoD for a long time before I got MW3, I played a lot of MW1 and WaW a few years ago though). I guess they have the "blind eye" thing to deal w/ that though. I thought the attack dogs in WaW were a lot better than choppers, at least you had a chance to defend yourself instead of just being gunned down every time you step out in the open. Really, it's a minor complaint. I still think the game is awesome. I really like the new kill streak system, too.

I don't know, MW2 was pretty bad with air support as well. I felt like a Predator magnet sometimes because it seemed like 9 out of 10 managed to find me.

I don't know, MW2 was pretty bad with air support as well. I felt like a Predator magnet sometimes because it seemed like 9 out of 10 managed to find me.

Hahah agreed. MW2 air support is much worse than MW3. My real grievance with this game is the spawning, it seems absolutely bizarre and irrational at times. Game's good though, I really like it.

Back