Just defended my PhD!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

e lo

Reaction score
Well, yesterday afternoon I did, anyway. 5 years of very hard work culminating in a 1 hour talk and one hour of getting grilled.

Now all I have to do is finish the MD (two more years) and I'll finally be done!

Time to prep for the celebratory barbecue, which will include a couple of kegs of home brew. Woot! :ban:

Congrats! We have a bunch of Mid-Fids going through our lab or who have recently gone through. Makes my 5 years seem rather petty! :)

Congratulations. I don't have any direct experience with it, but I saw what my wife went through and that is quite an accomplishment.

Enjoy yourself a bit before getting back to it!

Very good! My third sister took 7 years for her PhD. By the time she got to the oral, she was considered the top expert in the US. Unfortunately, it was in an area that had little or no employment potential outside the universities.

Hey, congrats, I did the same thing about 8 months ago, nice feeling to be done. I gotta say though, the sporks that came through my lab were super arrogant...but since you are a brewer, I think I would like you.

Woo-HOOO!!! Congrats to you!

I'll raise a glass in your honor this afternoon!

So tell us what your dissertation was on...

Thanks, all. Barbecue was awesome, and the momebrewed Witbier was perfect for the hot day.

My degree is in Cellular and Molecular Biology, and my dissertation was on the roles that the Hedgehog signaling pathway and a gene called Bmi1 play in the pathogenesis of medulloblastoma, the most common malignant brain tumor in kids.

One question, though, Colorado -- sporks? Not familiar with that term, but I think I like it...

Thanks, all. Barbecue was awesome, and the momebrewed Witbier was perfect for the hot day.

My degree is in Cellular and Molecular Biology, and my dissertation was on the roles that the Hedgehog signaling pathway and a gene called Bmi1 play in the pathogenesis of medulloblastoma, the most common malignant brain tumor in kids.

One question, though, Colorado -- sporks? Not familiar with that term, but I think I like it...

Ah, the good old Hedgehog signaling pathway. I work with NF-kB, plenty of crossover there.

congrats! i just defended for my masters and i was scared s#!tless. i cant imagine a PhD! i bet the BBQ and beer really hit the spot. good luck in your future.

Back