Christmas present for boss?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NJstout

Reaction score
Do you usually get your boss a christmas present? Do they usually get you one? What do you usually spend if so?

NJstout said:
Do you usually get your boss a christmas present? Do they usually get you one? What do you usually spend if so?

Lol I am in. N
J and got boss a gift the first year. Never again, good luck with your continued employment,

Nope, never have and don't plan on it any time soon. I haven't received one from them either. Maybe from the company, but that isn't all that often either.

Nope, maybe a Xmas card if I have an extra. She gives me crappy gifts I think just to show it's out of obligation since I'm her subordinate. Last year, a giant clam soap on a rope and an obviously used gift card to a local burger chain (it had swipe marks and sticky crap all over it) without the balance indicated anywhere. This year, she apparently wants our work team to go out to lunch that she's scheduled for an hour and a half of time. She better be paying . . . she picks food off my plate half the time anyway during lunch conferences

Dang..

My boss is pretty cool. I usually get something not too pricey, but interesting for her. But not out of obligation. Just to show appreciation.

She usually bring in some homemade caramel corn type stuff that I make myself sick on.

I hope she appreciates the gifts, cause it's hard enough to buy for your wife that you've lived with for 20 years. Imagine how hard it is to find something for someone you really don't know that well and have to consider appropriate $$ amount and try to figure out her likes and dislikes.

I'll typically get him a bottle of wine. This year, we're baking cookies and making peppermint bark for my boss and coworkers.

My boss is cool and we hang out outside of work, but I don't get him Christmas gifts. I sometimes will get him things for his birthday. He used to home brew so he appreciates good beer. His last birthday he got a bomber of 11 month old 9.3% Imperial Stout.

I brought my boss a nice flip-top bottle of homebrew. He loved it.

He brought me a bottle of wine from where he grew up in upstate NY.

Win-win.

Back