element grounding

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wapitiscat

Reaction score
I'm attaching a heating element to my HLT with a tri clover fitting and have a question about the ground connection. The fitting has a ground post but since the tri clover fitting uses a gasket it seems like I have to include a ground "jumper" to get to the kettle. My first thought was to solder a ground post to the kettle beside the tri clover ferrule. Could I get by with using a metal clamp to attach the jumper to the drain or sight glass coupling? Putting a post on the kettle is not that big of a deal. Mainly, just curious as to how others have addressed this.

Todd

Oh man! I totally forgot about the tri clamp giving me my metal to metal connection! Can you tell this is my first foray into tri clover fittings? I haven't picked up the clamp yet and not having it in hand while "dry fitting" everything had me trying to solve a problem that didn't exist.

Todd

I am waiting on my first triclamp fitting too. I know what you mean about having a plan in your head, before the new toy comes.

Back