eKeggle Recirculation Port?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TMannion87

Reaction score
Hi all,

I've decided to add a pump to my current eKeggle BIAB setup to recirculate while mashing. I'm going to be using a cheap ebay solar pump and I'm looking for ideas for where to put the "out" tube and how to connect it. Should I put in the lid? Or high on the keggle wall similar to Kals design? Any ideas would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

I put mine in the lid. I put the QD camlock on the outer edge of the lid and then piped the interior return to the center from inside (makes sense?) because the lid is dimpled in the center with a handle too.
I use a small pump as you mention and I just stick it right on the kettle valve with the QD and then use a piece of silicon hose (QD on each end) to connect to the lid.
The interior wort return is a 25cm (10") copper pipe, closed on the end and drilled out with about ten holes so the wort returns gently to the grain bed.
Best part: using an IC with the lid on lets the returning wort run against the chiller constantly, quick cool down! And....after cooling, remove the pipe, recirculate the wort for 5 minutes from the lid height gets it all aerated! Simple system with lots of extras.
Let me know if you want a pic or two.

Back