Auber's SYL-2362A2 PID Settings Help

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rickochet

Reaction score
After reviewing many options on the home brew chats, it is clear that everybody has their own idea for the proper settings for homebrewing with a SYL-2362A2 PID. What do you recommend for the most accurate settings when using the SYL-2362A2 PID along with and RTD, Pt100? I am using 2 of both. One for the 15 gallon HLT with a 5500 watt heater that I would like to set at 170 degrees F and they other for a brew kettle (same as HLT.) set to boil. With the current settings for the BK, the PID goes to 210 and just has a hard boil without ever truly shutting off. The PID for the HLT overshoots about 15 degrees and then drops about 30 degrees before finally powering up again.

This what I am presently using:

Inty = P10.0
outy = 2
Hy = 0.1
Atdu = 0
Psb = 0
rd = 0
CorF = 1

P = 0.9
I = 420
d = 0
SouF = 0.7
ot = 2
FILt = 0

Suggestions are greatly appreciated!

Autotune!
For the HLT: Run the autotune with the volume of water that you would be expecting on brewdays and the sV set to your desired temp (170°F).
For the BK: Use the manual mode and set it at whatever % get a good rolling boil and ends up with your required/expected boil off.

Hi Rick. After doing auto-tune did you change any settings manually? I'm trying to set mine up now too.

Back