Did I ruin my batch? 1st time using starter.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BrewAlchemy

Reaction score
Ok so last week i brewed an IPA and used a starter for the first time. I have been at high krausen for like 5 straight days now and obviously fermenting strong the first 4 days and the last two really have slowed down. But my main concern is the large amount of foam i have on top of the fermenting beer. When i used to just pitch my yeast without a starter that would maybe last for 2 days, but its at 5 days now this time around and hanging strong. Should i be worried, or i been doing it poorly all along and i finally got my first real good fermentation going here.

I have a Belgian Wit in the primary right now that has had a good layer of kraussen for 2 weeks now. Some times it doesnt go away from what I have read on here and you just rack from below that for bottling or secondary. But I am in the same boat as you dry yeast never did this and this was my first starter as well, so really IDK and I am going to watch this thread just in case.:mug:

Sweet, yeah it seems to be easier to forum search homebrew talk via google then homebrewtalk itself. Whenever i try a search for a topic in homebrewtalk i cant ever really find what im looking for, then ill put the question in google and itll link me right to a homebrewtalk thread thats exactly what i am looking for. Anyway, my point is i did eventuallly find a a thread that was on this exact topic and it seems like were A-ok.

Revvy, thanks for the confirmation, its sad but true, and bitter sweet. Been gettin ok fermentation but this may be my first great one. Can't wait to taste it in about a month.

Latest posts

Back