• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to HomeBrewTalk and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

ISO: Keggle Conversions

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

brumon

Reaction score
I don't have a shop or a garage so I am looking into recommendations for where I can take my sanke (1/2 bbl) to get the top cut off and a hole punched. Looking to see where other people have taken theirs, esp in central Ohio.

For what someone will charge to do it, you can buy an Electric angle grinder and cutoff wheel from harbor freight. If you have a air compressor it's even cheaper. My air powered cut off tool was $8 on sale and $1 for the disc. Then you need a 1/2" drill bit and the knockout punch set($24) to make the holes.

I don't have a shop or a garage so I am looking into recommendations for where I can take my sanke (1/2 bbl) to get the top cut off and a hole punched. Looking to see where other people have taken theirs, esp in central Ohio.

Check if there is a home brewing club in your area and join. Pretty sure there will be plenty of people with the tools and know how willing to help you with the project and future brewing projects.

The other alternative is to pay a welding shop to cut the top and drill the hole for the valve/sight glass/thermometer. Have no idea what it would cost.

I had called a lot of the welding shops in Columbus and most people wanted like $60 an hour in labor plus cost for the welding. You might want to try an ad on craigslist looking for a welder to do a quick job and you will provide payment or homebrew. That would be your best bet if you do not want to do anything yourself. As far has home brew clubs there is SODZ

If your in Columbus and in SODZ (or not) I have a jig that worked really well. Problem is that the Harbor freight angle grinder broke on my third keg. I have step drills too and it would take less than an hour send me a PM and I can help out.

I can have a buddy in the club loan me his grinder to make it easier if you want.

I would also be willing to help you. I have a jig and angle grinder, as well as step bits. I work downtown and have a repair shop on site. P.M. me if interested, Oh and I also know of a great welding shop just outside of downtown, if you decide to go that route.

Latest posts

Back