The Great Bottle Opener Giveaway

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > General Beer Discussion > "You want beer with that?" Burger King and Sonic to start selling beer and wine.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-04-2011, 01:46 PM   #21
yummybeer
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 6 Times on 6 Posts

with sonic and burger king being fast food places with a drive thru, i wonder how well it'll work though? i can just see some one going thru the drive thru of burger king and getting a beer with their whopper and crack open the beer while a cop is behind them in the drive up line.

"Remember, I'm pulling for ya, we're all in this together."---Red Green

"My eyebrows ain't plucked, there's a gun in my truck. Oh thank God I'm still a guy."---Brad Paisley

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-04-2011, 02:25 PM   #22
ArcaneXor
Recipes 

Liked 68 Times on 66 Posts
Likes Given: 10

I don't see any beer in those pictures...

Secondary: Orange Blossom Mead, Flanders Red I
Kegged: Centennial Falcon w/ Conan, Centennial Falcon w/ Denny's, Barrel-aged Fat Man Porter, Belgian Dark Strong, Huell Melon Pale Ale
Bottled: Flanders Red I

Old 07-04-2011, 03:10 PM   #23
unionrdr
Wannabe author
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 1826 Times on 1609 Posts
Likes Given: 1296

This gives a whole new meaning to "super size me"!

Old 07-04-2011, 03:38 PM   #24
Zamial
Recipes 

Liked 166 Times on 148 Posts
Likes Given: 7

Well at least now you can enjoy a vomit inducing meal vs. a diarrhea inducing meal...

Old 07-04-2011, 10:51 PM   #25
Killer_Robot
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

That fear that it will "further normalize adult drinking in the eyes of kids" is what gets me there.

Oh no, adults drinking beer with a meal! What kind of immoral country do they think this is, Germany? Think of the children!

Old 07-04-2011, 11:30 PM   #26
Fencemaker
Recipes 

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkarp View Post
Considering Sonic is a drive-in, this poses some interesting open container issues. Still, bad beer or not, I approve of this development.
I concur, it's all about Liberty. If you choose do do something stupid, you pay the price. But everyone else should be able to enjoy the finest beverage on Earth with their double-cheeseburger... It's only a matter of time before some chains bring in craft beers, if the local governments let this happen.

Can I mambo dog-face through the banana patch?

Old 07-05-2011, 12:20 AM   #27
Wakadaka
Recipes 

Liked 8 Times on 4 Posts
Likes Given: 17

I love the beer snobery going on. Yes I would love a greasy burger, from a cow grown in awful conditions, cooked untraditionally, prepared in just a few minutes, and served to me by someone who makes minimum wage and treats me like I am doing nothing but bothering them. But what?? you only have american lagers?? no thank you I will take my business elsewhere.

But yeah I back the whole idea, and I hope it comes to my area.

Another interesting question would be how they would serve it. My guess would be either in a can, or maybe a bottle in some cases, but they don't serve soda in bottles or cans there. It would be pretty awesome to order a draft beer at a fast-food joint. Me and my friends are exactly the type to go to mcdonalds and get loaded. And plus you wouldn't have to tip.

the whole drive up idea of sonic or a drive through doesn't sound like a good idea though. Anybody ever been to Brew-thru in North Carolina? I only went once when I was very young with my parents, but IIRC its basically a drive up 711 beer aisle where you don't have to leave your car

Old 07-05-2011, 12:29 AM   #28
Fencemaker
Recipes 

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Give it a rest. If there were'nt a need for beer-snobbery, we wouldn't do it. I don't see any beef-snobbery websites because no one gives a crap (beside PETA and their crazy spin-offs) how happy the cow was before it was slaughtered, as long as it tastes good. Anyway, there is no difference between me having a burger and a beer at Applebee's or McDonald's; they both make crappy burgers that are more easily choked down with a decent brew in hand. I say bring it on!

Can I mambo dog-face through the banana patch?

brewmonk Likes This 
Old 07-05-2011, 12:51 AM   #29
jonmohno
Recipes 

Liked 410 Times on 361 Posts
Likes Given: 1188

Let them sell more garbage,i dont have to buy it.Anybody else: Have at. Garbage shure tastes good with "special additives" cooked up in a lab.

Old 07-05-2011, 12:54 AM   #30
Erroneous
Recipes 

Liked 29 Times on 25 Posts

I do think this is something that the restaurants would make dine in only. Heck they'd probably only allow it after certain hours (in some areas anyway) to avoid the immoral attitude crap. I highly doubt it'd be beer any different from Applebee's or Chile's. Best you'll get is SA Boston Lager and seasonal.

And from what I've seen, at least around here, cops don't care about drunk driving in the first place. If they did they'd wait outside of the McDonald's within walking distance of clubs and bars instead of putting up commercials saying that you'll get locked up for drunk driving.

If you want a macro brew with your 5 double cheeseburgers, you'll still have to stop by Walmart or the gas station.

Quick Reply